piątek, 13 stycznia 2017

Daniel Tolkien's Act of Naturalization 1794!

My friend from the USA, Gerald Aurand has sent to me 5 pages of Daniel Gottlieb Tolkien's Act of Naturalization from 1794. I probably cannot publish the documents in their full shape. It is the reason I choose this fragment which tells us about the birth place of Daniel G. Tolkien, brother (?) of John Benjamin Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien's great-great-grandfather...

Daniel Tolkien, son of Christian Tolkien by Eufrisina his wife born at Dantzig

Jerry, thank you very very much! When I come back from the UK, I will write more about the history of this document and the way it was found by Gerald Aurand.



2 komentarze:

  1. Samego dokumentu nie wolno Ci opublikować, ale w ewentualnym tekście woln o Ci się na niego powołać w przypisie. Pod warunkiem, że znacz jego adres archiwalny, czyli archiwum, kolekcję i jej sygnaturę.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Dziękuję, Michał. Znam te oznaczenia. Zrobię tak, jak piszesz. Moim zadaniem jest teraz znaleźć w Archiwach Państwowych w Gdańsku dokumenty gdańskie obu braci lub ich rodziców

      Usuń